Saturday, March 15, 2014

Costa rica comida en un hawker centro

With the new generation of hawkers joining the ranks, more and more offerings are being made available at affordable prices! First you have "Atas" western food,  then came stalls selling only pastries and muffins followed by even more! All without actually having to burn a hole in your pocket :)

So I recently headed over to Amoy Street food center for lunch to grab some salads and noticed a colorful stall just on the other side.

I looked in and noticed that the lady looked like she's from there, so based on that alone I was at least 90% sure that it'll be authentic (I know it's wrong to judge that way, heck, I still go to the awesome Japanese stall prepared by a mainland Chinese guy).

Very next day, we headed over again to try it out! Strangely, there was a queue that didn't exist before... Bummer...

Prices range from $5.50 to $7.90. But they have daily specials where selected items would go for just $5. Pretty darn good deal if you ask me. BUT! I didn't go for the $5 thingy. Instead, I went with a $6.90 beef burrito~

 
Corn, cabbage/lettuce, cheese, stuff and that delicious beef and onion stir fry thingy... OH MAN! No doubt, it was a messy affair and I could still smell the aroma in my hands once I'm done with it! Portion was just nice and didn't leave my hungry for the rest of the afternoon until dinner time. The dishes also come with sides of rice and potato salad so you're quite well taken care of on the carbo side. It was packing a little less heat that I was hoping for, even after I had asked for the "extra spicy" option (you could go for little spicy or not spicy). Maybe I'll try asking for even more heat the next time I go.


Good stuff! I recommend this! Here's the address:
#01-50, Amoy Street Food Centre, 7 Maxwell Road                            

No comments:

Post a Comment