Sunday, March 9, 2014

X-pensive Sha Gua Ji


So I've recently gotten my hands on the Fuji X100s and I have to say, I'M LOVING IT! Everything about it just feels right, the handling, the way the pictures turn out, how silent that little boy is (I literally look a photo of someone from right behind him... twice!). It's been a joy playing around with the camera, my only regret is not being good enough for it...


Nevertheless, I did bring it everywhere I went should a good shot pop up. It's so light and small that I won't have to think twice about bringing it around! The quick startup doesn't hurt too!


It's a very different situation from shot to shot. Sometimes, I'd like to get better skin tones, sometimes I'd want a more vibrant color for the skies. Film simulations in the camera work so well that I'd normally just take the JPEGs out instead. That said, there are times when I'd already taken the shot, so all I had to do was go into raw conversion in camera to process a different JPEG out of the camera, takes some time, but definitely beats taking a second shot.


I'm a little bummed by the fact that the RAW conversion software provided in the CD doesn't support those gorgeous film simulations, though. Oh wells... I'll just snap away either ways! Anyone up for a simple walkabout shoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment